1. Please arrange to be driven to and from your surgical appointment. If you are having oral conscious sedation you must have a ride or we can’t do your procedure.
2. Do not eat after midnight on the night before your procedure. You may have small amounts of water to take your prescribed medications as directed on the morning of your procedure.
3. Take no Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Anacin or Excedrin for one week prior to surgery since it can interfere with the normal blood clotting process. If needed, use plain Tylenol instead.
4. Please wear a short sleeved shirt or blouse (or a top that permits the sleeves to be rolled up) so that we can take your blood pressure. Please wear low-heeled shoes (to avoid tripping with sedation).
5. Please wash your hair and bathe or shower on the morning of surgery to reduce the risk of infection.
6. Fingernail polish must be removed on your left hand prior to surgery so that we can monitor your heart rate and oxygen levels with our pulse oximeter.
7. Please don’t drive a car, drink alcohol or operate any heavy machinery, within 24 hours of taking your prescribed sedatives and pain medication.
8. Please don't smoke on the day of surgery and following surgery. Smoking greatly increases your risk of treatment failure.
9. Take all medications prescribed by your physician unless otherwise instructed.
10. Please have a responsible adult/parent drive you to your appointment and stay with you at all times on the day of your procedure if you will be receiving oral conscious sedation. Please go home and rest for the remainder of the day and do not drive for 24 hours following sedation .
11. You will be given a sedative approximately 90 minutes before the start of your procedure to make you more comfortable. Your appointment time will indicate the time we want you to arrive not the time your procedure will start .
If you have any questions feel free to give us a call at (559) 226-9450.